Is there an actor or actress in the realm of cinema whose work you’re unfamiliar with? Have you found yourself stalling, not watching any of their movies until the perfect chance arises to dive deep into their filmography and uncover some hidden gems? Well, this is the opportunity that you’ve been waiting for! I couldn’t be more thrilled to share with you all the newest blogathon that I’m co-hosting alongside two of my absolute favorite bloggers, Virginie of The Wonderful World of Cinema and Crystal of In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood! Granted, the concept isn’t entirely new, as it was ingeniously created and hosted by Virginie and Crystal back in 2016, but as soon as I knew that these ladies wanted to introduce the classic film community to undiscovered stars for the second time, I couldn’t help but want to be a part of it.
Here are the rules:
- Choose an actor or actress that you haven’t seen in many films (a maximum of three). We’re welcoming all types of stars from all eras of cinema, including modern and character actors, as long as their film debut was before the year 2000.
- We are allowing no duplicates, and we’re only allowing a maximum of two entries per blogger. There are countless stars to choose from, so you should have no issue finding one that speaks to you.
- Once you’ve picked which star you’d like to discover, leave a comment here or on Virginie or Crystal’s announcements detailing which actor you’ve chosen, tell us the name of your blog, and give us a link to your blog.
- Once your choice is accepted, take one of our lovely banners shown below to put on your blog and start watching all of the movies you can that contain this star! We’re looking for a minimum of five movies total, and they all must be films that are new to you. We’re encouraging you to have your own movie marathon with the star of your choice!
- Musings of a Classic Film Addict — Pier Angeli
- The Wonderful World of Cinema — Tallulah Bankhead
- In The Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood — Linda Darnell and TBA
- Poppity Talks Classic Film — Irene Dunne
- Overture Books and Film — Joan Leslie
- Wide Screen World — Amitabh Bachchan
- Pale Writer — Laird Cregar
- Whimsically Classic — Yvette Mimieux
- Wolffian Classic Movies Digest — Rosalind Russell
- The Dream Book Blog — Geraldine Fitzgerald
- The Stop Button — Luise Rainer
- Champagne for Lunch — Dolores del Rio
- Critica Retro — Gloria Swanson
- Phyllis Loves Classic Movies — Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.